Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "HUANG, LUKE" <LU...@SAFECO.com> on 2005/12/05 19:53:39 UTC

WSS4J PassDigest problem

Hi,

I configured Axis 1.3 and WSS4J 1.1 for both the server and the client,
and tried to use Username Token for authentication.  This setup worked
fine if I chose the PasswordType to be PasswordText, meaning that the
WSPasswordCallback object's getPasswordType() or getPassword() methods
returned the correct values for password type and correct password, as
set by the client.  However, when I chose the PasswordType to be
PasswordDigest, the WSPasswordCallback object's getPasswordType() or
getPassword() methods returned NULL.  My questions are:

1. What values should these methods return?
2. What does the server side need to do to verify the Username Token
from the client when PasswordDigest is used?

Thanks in advance,

-Luke