Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> on 2006/09/11 13:28:58 UTC

Apache Tomcat Board Report, September 2006

Board,
Below is the report due for Tomcat for your board meeting this month.
Thank you,

The Tomcat PMC

Attachment [TBD]: Status report for the Apache Tomcat Project
- We have no issues that require attention from the Board at this time

Development:
- Continued work on Tomcat 6.0 development: we expect to have release
6.0.0 ready roughly at the same time that Servlet Specification v2.5
and JSP Specification v2.1 are finalized.  No change here since
previous Board report.
- Much work has been done on the mod_jk connector, improving
reliability, performance, and monitoring options for httpd / mod_jk
administrators.  It's been great to see the increased level of energy
and enthusiasm around the connectors, and the new connector releases
have been getting pre-release testing from a number of committers on
various platforms.
- We've also added a non-blocking HTTPS protocol connector written in
Java to provide users with another choice on platforms that handle
non-blocking IO threads well.
- We're also diversifying release managers: Mark Thomas is the current
release manager for Tomcat 4.x, Filip Hanik for Tomcat 5.x, Remy
Maucherat for 6.x, and Rainer Jung for the connectors.

Releases:
- mod_jk 1.2.17 and 1.2.18 were released.  1.2.18 is currently the
stable release (it was put out on July 20th).  mod_jk 1.2.19 is in the
works, expected to release in the first half of September.
- Tomcat 4.1.34 was released in the first week of September, and
addresses virtually all the issues reported against the previous 4.1
release.
- Tomcat 5.5.18 and 5.5.19 were cut, but did not make it into final
release: 5.5.20 is in the works. Tomcat 5.5.17 is still the latest
stable Tomcat release.

People:
- No changes since last Board report.