Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by EDV Systembetrieb <ED...@dsd-ag.de> on 2001/11/07 14:37:59 UTC

JDBCRealm with digest Passwords in TC 3.2.3

Hi everybody,

I setup Tomcat 3.2.3 on Solaris with JDBCRealm and a mysql-database. Using plain passwords, everything works fine. But I would like to
digest my password in the database.
I tried "java org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.JDBCRealm -a MD5 mypassword" (as described in JDBCRealm-howto)
but I get an error:
exeption in thread "main"  java.lang.NoClassDeffoundError:
/org/apache/tomcat/modules/aaa/JDBCRealm

My Classpath is /app/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/app/tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:/app/tomcat/lib/jaxp.jar:
/app/tomcat/lib/mysql.jar:/app/tomcat/lib/parser.jar:
/app/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/app/tomcat/lib/test:
/app/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/app/jdk/lib/tools.jar
where /app/tomcat is defined as TOMCAT_HOME.

I searched JDBCRealm.java for a static method called "final public static String digest..." (explained in JDBCRealm-howto) but I could not find it. Is this a wrong version? Does TC 323 not support digest Passwords??  Please help me.

For more informations please mailto: edv.systembetrieb@dsd-ag.de
Thanks Sabine