Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Marc D. Spencer" <ma...@pobox.com> on 2000/06/12 23:49:30 UTC

mod_perl handler generated proxy requests

I have a mod_perl module which would like to make an HTTP request to
a tertiary server and then process the result before possibly
returning some subset of that data.

I have already written a working solution via LWP, but I got to
wondering, as I sometimes do, whether there is a better way to do it
via a sub-request and mod_proxy.

Has anyone done this? Is this a better or worse approach compared to
LWP? And if it's better, could you point me toward some code?

Re: mod_perl handler generated proxy requests

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Marc D. Spencer wrote:

> I have a mod_perl module which would like to make an HTTP request to
> a tertiary server and then process the result before possibly
> returning some subset of that data.

Don't do it that way.

73,
Ged.