Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zhiyong Li <Zh...@ibiomatics.com> on 2001/04/26 14:01:24 UTC

Set default file names in the upload

This may not be a direct Struts question. But I hope to get the response
from here ...

In using the file upload, which is <FORM name=frmGroup ACTION=""
METHOD="POST" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return false;">, I
would like to set a default value for the file name. However, I cannot
find a way to accomplish this. These are the approaches I tried;

	<input type="FILE" name="F0" size=35 value="aa"
class="propertyDetail"> <br>

or

	function setDefaultName(){
		document.frmGroup.F0.value="c:\\temp";
	}

I am using IE 5. I was told that for the security reason, the browser
does not allow you to do this. I would like to confirm on that.

Thanks for your help,
Zhiyong Li
Platform Development
iBiomatics LLC ,  a SAS Company
(919) 653-2746
Zhiyong.Li@iBiomatics.com

Re: Set default file names in the upload

Posted by Sean <ja...@wideasleep.com>.
Set default file names in the uploadMy experience with HTML and Forms is that they do NOT allow you to value of a File input form element dynamically or by specifying a default value in the HTML.  Yes, this is a security thing and I thank them for that, don't want any strange hidden File elements off screen accidently submitting my Quicken files to a server.

Sean