Posted to general@xml.apache.org by je...@eurodoc-sofilog.com on 2000/03/06 14:44:56 UTC

entity problem

We have some document with special characters ... in some case the xml to
html transformation works, in some other it doesn't work

For exemple

é is transformed in &aecute;

but

&#133 is transformed in the code 133 !!! We need to transform into an
identy or in the same string  (…)

How it is possible to adjust the catalog or transformation table ?

Re: entity problem

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Klaus Malorny wrote:

> all entity references must end with a semicolon (you wrote: &#133 but you
> should write: &#133; ).

For the record, that's actually true for XML but not for HTML which is
an SGML application. Depending on what's following, the semicolon can be
omitted. This said, it's good practice to always put it since it can
only save you from introducing errors in your document.
Other than that I agree with what you said.

Re: entity problem

Posted by Klaus Malorny <Kl...@knipp.de>.
jeannoel.viltard@eurodoc-sofilog.com wrote:

> We have some document with special characters ... in some case the xml to
> html transformation works, in some other it doesn't work
>
> For exemple
>
> &#233; is transformed in &aecute;
>
> but
>
> &#133 is transformed in the code 133 !!! We need to transform into an
> identy or in the same string  (&#133;)
>
> How it is possible to adjust the catalog or transformation table ?

Hi,

all entity references must end with a semicolon (you wrote: &#133 but you
should write: &#133; ). In addition, code 133 is not the correct code for the
'horizontal ellipsis'. XML & HTML use Unicode for their internal
representation, and not MS Windows code pages, so the correct code is U+2026.
To use it, either write &#x2026; or &#8230; .

regards

Klaus