Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Stefan Sedich <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/29 18:44:31 UTC

Issues selecting last column on csv file with Drill 1.4

Hi,

I have the following csv file and I am using the .csvh extension so that
Drill parses headers for me:

a,b,c,d
1,2,3,4

If I were to execute a SELECT * FROM sample.csvh, the results are correct
and I can see the data.

Now If I try to execute SELECT d FROM sample.csvh I get nothing back, I can
select a,b or c perfectly fine but not the last column which is
demonstrated by adding another column onto the end and selecting d again
which works perfectly fine.

I went back to Drill 1.3 and I get an exception when attempting to select
the last column, is anyone else seeing this?

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: SYSTEM ERROR:
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1 Fragment 0:0 [Error Id:
0320cda6-c6cb-4892-86ec-0c168849767f on 0462-SSED-T430S:31010]

--
Cheers
Stefan

Re: Issues selecting last column on csv file with Drill 1.4

Posted by Stefan Sedich <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Abdel,

Just went and checked the data file I had downloaded and that is the issue,
thanks!

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hello Stefan,

--