Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Aboubakr Benabbas <ab...@tu-ilmenau.de> on 2013/05/07 13:36:15 UTC

'build mesos 0.10.0' in linux Ubuntu 13.04

Hello,

I hope I'am not disturbing, here is my problem, I'm trying
to build mesos 0.10.0 on my linux ubuntu 13.04 but the make returns
errors, I tried to look up the problem and see what are the solutions, i
did find a thread about that for ubuntu 12.04, and it was messy and i
did not understand it, could you please help me build mesos on my
machine by giving me the instructions needed to build it

Kind Regards,

Benabbas Aboubakr El Hacen,

M.Sc Student at TU Ilmenau, Germany

Re: 'build mesos 0.10.0' in linux Ubuntu 13.04

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys, unfortunately 0.10.0 does not support gcc-4.7. You'll have to
either use an older version of gcc or a newer version of mesos. We've had
some issues getting votes to release 0.11.0, the release candidate is here:

http://people.apache.org/~benh/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC1/mesos
-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz<http://people.apache.org/~benh/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC1/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz>

Let me know if that works for you! It's possible we didn't include gcc-4.7
support until more recently.

Posted by Mohamed Omar <mo...@seeloz.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Hey Benabbas, 0.10.0 does not compile with gcc-4.7, is that the version of
gcc you're using?

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Aboubakr Benabbas <