Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Lucas Gonze <lu...@gonze.com> on 2000/03/28 21:56:56 UTC

setHeader in ResponseBase.java

I need for ResponseBase::setHeader to work, so I'm about to
implement it.  The current source is just a stub.  However I have
a few questions, since this will be the first patch I contribute.

- Is there a module owner that I should talk to?
- Is there someone already working on this?
- As currently implemented, contentLength, contentType etc are
separate from the main headers hashtable.  This doesn't make
sense to me.  It seems to me that
HttpURLConnection::setContentType("text/html") should be just a
synonym for
HttpURLConnection::setHeader("Content-type","text/html").  Does
anyone object or have comments?  The documented api for these
methods doesn't address the issue.

Thanks in advance.  Hopefully this is the correct list.  The dev
list looks like it's just for cvs updates, not discussion.

- Lucas Gonze