Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Sudipto Majumder <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/04 09:25:48 UTC

Apache Isis Hibernate Persistor

Hi,

I downloaded and built the Isis framework (current version in svn is
0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT) and ran the quickstart application. I could
change the object store to point to MySQL using the objstore-sql and it is
working. Now I am thinking of integrating Hibernate.

Earlier, I successfully used Hibernate persistor in Native Objects and
believe it is supported in Isis as well. But I am not getting any doc on
how to configure.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sudipto.

Re: Apache Isis Hibernate Persistor

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Sudipto,
Thanks for your interest in Isis!

You are right that there was a Hibernate object store for Naked Objects.
 In fact, there have been two: a Hibernate object store for NO 3.0.x (about
4 or 5 years ago now!) and also a JPA Object Store that I wrote for my
book, which also used Hibernate as the underlying ORM.

Unfortunately, the Hibernate license - LGPL - is not compatible with the
Apache Software License, and so we've had to remove these object stores.

However, it is the plan to reimplement the JPA object store with an
implementation that is compatible with ASL - almost certainly the OpenJPA
impl.  The work I've been doing on the OID refactor (see recent posts to
the mailing list) is part of this ... so it's getting closer to the top of
the todo list.

If you're interesting in helping this effort, please join the isis-dev
mailing list (using isis-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org), and we can
talk further there.

Cheers
Dan