Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Christoph Scheurer <ch...@ch.tum.de> on 2004/04/01 20:43:52 UTC

example for web::putxfile # channel ...

Hello,

I am trying to use the command web::putxfile with the option to write the
parsed template to an environment variable instead of a Tcl channel. I
would like to do something like the following:
    web::putxfile # page file
    web::response -set ContentLength [string len $env(page)]
    web::put $env(page)
but I can not get it to work. It fails with the error
    can't read "env(page)": no such variable

Does anybody have a working example?

Thanks in advance,

Ch. Scheurer

--
Christoph Scheurer

contact:   http://www.theo.chemie.tu-muenchen.de/homepages/scheurer/

Re: example for web::putxfile # channel ...

Posted by Andrej Vckovski <an...@netcetera.ch>.
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Christoph Scheurer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the command web::putxfile with the option to write the
> parsed template to an environment variable instead of a Tcl channel. I
> would like to do something like the following:
>     web::putxfile # page file
>     web::response -set ContentLength [string len $env(page)]
>     web::put $env(page)
> but I can not get it to work. It fails with the error
>     can't read "env(page)": no such variable

web::putxfile #env(page) file

will work. (1. the variable name must immediatly follow the #, 2. the
word following the # is a Tcl variable name (not a environment
variable name), so to acess the process' environment you need to
specify env(page) instead of page if that's what you really want.)

otherwise do:

web::putxfile #page file
web::put $page

also:
keep in mind that web::putxfile will -- as a side effect -- output the
headers into env(page) (so you don't have to set the COntentLength
header) unless you prevent this.

- Andrej.