Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by ajuffing <an...@kb.nl> on 2010/10/26 12:30:06 UTC

Blueprint, Spring DM, Spring DM 2, ...

Hi!

We are going to implement an application on top of the Karaf Framework. We
are considering to use several provided functions from the Karaf Framework
(Shell/Console, WebConsole). Our plan is to build execution/worker bundles
and a few management bundles for the WebConsole.

Now I'm struggling a bit with the different configuration/dependency
injection mechanism. Due to the early stage of the project we are basically
free to choose. Whats the main mechanism used in Karaf, so that we can best
integrate with the available Karaf bundles? Whats the roadmap (Spring DM 2)?

Thanks
Andreas

Re: Blueprint, Spring DM, Spring DM 2, ...

Posted by ajuffing <an...@kb.nl>.
Thanks! Using two different dependency mechanism doing the same thing is
exactly what I'm trying to avoid - I prefer consistency and I think we will
go for Aries Blueprint, due to the fact that the Karaf Framework is using
it.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I second J-B here.
Also note that given both Spring DM 2.x and Aries Blueprint implement
the BLueprint spec, we haven't experimented much deploying both in the
same time (we're mostly using spring-dm 1.2.x when needed).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Blueprint, Spring DM, Spring DM 2, ...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Andreas,