Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 03:31:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating (RC1)

Hello

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of Apache NiFi
nifi-0.0.2-incubating (RC1).

The source zip, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenifi-1023

The specific URL of the source zip is here:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/orgapachenifi-1023/content/org/apache/nifi/nifi/0.0.2-incubating/nifi-0.0.2-incubating-source-release.zip

The Git tag is nifi-0.0.2-incubating-RC1
The Git commit ID is 22c6735126ed42dce33386e3ae31e0715d742c89
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-nifi.git;a=commit;h=22c6735126ed42dce33386e3ae31e0715d742c89

Checksums of nifi-0.0.2-incubating-source-release.zip:
MD5: 1d542bb7259732bdbb1837ffb9553180
SHA1: b8877d9d190745a30d094c0b03be77f485c289fb

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/joewitt.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/nifi/KEYS

66 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12329373
* We need to review our adherence to semantic versioning principles
going forward.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, and test.
The please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as nifi-0.0.1-incubating
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Jennifer Barnabee <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

The hashes and signatures looked good. The build went fine on OS X with
'mvn install -Pcheck-licenses'. The application runs fine and looks good in
FireFox, Safari, and Chrome.

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Validated checksums, signatures, licensing, build process, and application
functionality.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello

The vote passes with
8  +1 overall
  3 from PPMC
  2 from IPMC
  2 from community
0 <= 0

Thank you all.  Now forwarding the vote to the IPMC for their consideration.

Joe

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
+1, non-binding

Source distribution matches tag

Hashes match

Signature matches.  I did not see the .asc.sha1 and .asc.md5 files, but it
may be my misunderstanding of what is being specified in the release guide
[1] under "Validate the signatures of the sources artifact and of each of
the hashes"

LICENSE and README look correct

Application builds with check-licenses profile

Application runs with the generated assembly

As an aside, not sure if there is merit in such a utility, but I've
provided a script I made whilst going through the process [2].  Script, in
this case, is defined as a slightly cleaned up session of my terminal
session as captured via 'script.'

It is nothing overly elegant and  requires a proper shell, but it should
lower the barrier to other people performing checks on their respective
systems. The script follows the guide [1] fairly closely and automates
where possible, inclusive of starting NiFi and checking for the application
running (in this case, the API is responding to requests).

I'm not trying to remove the human, just give them the information they
need to make decisions in what are likely steps we are all making
separately.  This was created on OS X running a combination of default
system utilities with GNU alternatives brought in via homebrew.
Accordingly, no guarantee that this works on your system by just executing
it, but a few tweaks should get it to a point where it does.

[1] http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/development/release-guide.html
[2] https://gist.github.com/apiri/d3211a0b58608ba2db35

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 0.0.2-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
+1 binding
The source matches the tag, the license and notice for the source look
good, all the binary artifacts also contain a license and notice (except
nifi-resources-0.0.2-incubating-resources.zip; it would be great if those
were added for the next release).