Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Brahme, Supriya (ENJ)" <Su...@express-scripts.com> on 2003/07/11 16:22:49 UTC

retention of the ActionForm values for display only fields

Hi all
I have a scenario where I am displaying user profile details on the page
using UserProfileForm which extends ValidateForm. I am displaying all
the personal details like address, phone, credit card etc as editable
fields using html: text tag. While only user name appears as display
only field. The problem comes when user submits erroneous data & I have
server side validation displaying error message (javascript is turned
off here). When this happens, I can see that , if user has modified 6 of
the form text fields , assuming 1 is wrong, all are retained on the
form. i.e including erroneous value. But I lose the name. I see
blanks(null) for the first name & last name fields since they are
non-text fields, ie. used html:write tag. Can anyone explain the way to
retain these values without changing scope to session? I have this
ActionForm in request scope & it works fine except this issue.
Thanks
Supriya
******* Confidentiality Notice *******
This email, its electronic document attachments, and the contents of its website linkages may contain confidential health information.  This information is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the prompt destruction of the material and any accompanying attachments.