Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/01/09 00:34:28 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS

>   +
>   +    * Patch from "C. Bottelier" <c....@quicknet.nl> to run
>   +	Apache without daemonizing the parent process. PR#7040

I dislike this for 1.3.  We already have this feature in 2.0, by setting
the NO_DETACH env var.  I would really like to see us stop adding features
to 1.3, especially now that 2.0 is close to a beta release.  Of course,
just MHO, and people should feel free to ignore me.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

>I dislike this for 1.3.  We already have this feature in 2.0, by setting
>the NO_DETACH env var.  I would really like to see us stop adding features
>to 1.3, especially now that 2.0 is close to a beta release.  Of course,
>just MHO, and people should feel free to ignore me.

Agreed, but I was just noting its existence since the patch was
competently done.

I'll reply to the submitter about the NO_DETACH thing in 2.0.

---

The logical answer here is to solicit the docs, and place the
patch in contrib.

Bill

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS

Posted by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

>I dislike this for 1.3.  We already have this feature in 2.0, by setting
>the NO_DETACH env var.  I would really like to see us stop adding features
>to 1.3, especially now that 2.0 is close to a beta release.  Of course,
>just MHO, and people should feel free to ignore me.

Agreed, but I was just noting its existence since the patch was
competently done.

I'll reply to the submitter about the NO_DETACH thing in 2.0.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
"There are flying saucers. There's no doubt they are