Posted to builds@apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> on 2012/01/17 23:21:56 UTC

Building "official" binary releases of Apache CouchDB

Hi,

I'd like to start releasing official binaries for CouchDB. There is a
documented build process [1], albeit with some manual steps.

There are a number of awkward requirements, mainly because we need to
build Erlang from source;

- 64-bit windows & MS SDK 7.1
- cygwin
- mozilla build tools 1.6
- nasm
- inno5 setup
- nsis setup
- strawberry perl

Assuming all of that can be installed, and a solution found for the
manual pre-requisites that don't' change very often, what automation
tools are used to hook builds into a git hook of some form?

I'm happy to RTFM but haven't found one (yet).

A+
Dave
dch@a.o

[1]: https://github.com/dch/glazier

Re: Building "official" binary releases of Apache CouchDB

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
On 17 January 2012 23:21, Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start releasing official binaries for CouchDB. There is a
> documented build process [1], albeit with some manual steps.
>
> There are a number of awkward requirements, mainly because we need to
> build Erlang from source;
>
> - 64-bit windows & MS SDK 7.1
> - cygwin
> - mozilla build tools 1.6
> - nasm
> - inno5 setup
> - nsis setup
> - strawberry perl
>
> Assuming all of that can be installed, and a solution found for the
> manual pre-requisites that don't' change very often, what automation
> tools are used to hook builds into a git hook of some form?
>
> I'm happy to RTFM but haven't found one (yet).
>
> A+
> Dave
> dch@a.o
>
> [1]: https://github.com/dch/glazier

Bump; any advice on how I can get CouchDB builds onto the windows
build bot infrastructure?

Thanks
Dave