Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Dhiren Pachchigar <dh...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/10 17:07:54 UTC

Heap Memory Full issue

Dear Team,

We are using Apache drill, we are trying to read CSV file of size 1GB file
from S3 storage. But not able to read showing heap memory full.

Also after reading few file it working very very slow. Could you please
help us with that.

(Sent from mobile)

Re: Heap Memory Full issue

Posted by Rafael Jaimes III <ra...@gmail.com>.
What version of Drill?

Are you using the REST API, JDBC or ODBC to run the query? If using REST
you may run into heap issues on Drill 1.17 and prior. If you search the
mailing list archives, you'll find some posts on this topic. REST has been
improved in the current unreleased branch.

For now, increase the Java Heap memory if possible.

- Rafael