Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/21 20:58:33 UTC

Superset - Upcoming ASF Graduation & 1.0 Announcement - CTA & logistics

Hey all!

I'm posting here to beat the drum around the upcoming *graduation* and
*Superset
1.0 announcement.*

After communicating with the PMC and Sally @ Apache (cced - VP of Marketing
at the ASF), we decided to* target January 19th 2021* for the graduation
announcement and wanted to also announce Superset 1.0 at the same time.

To make this effort as successful as can be, we'd love the community
support around:

   - *Hardening 1.0: *We want for the official `1.0.0` release to be as
   solid as can be, and the more people we can have testing / fixing /
   polishing the better. This means shifting some focus towards quality/polish
   over new features.
   - *Echoing / amplifying:* let's get our community to *blog and post on
   social media *to help us spread the word about this huge milestone. This
   is a way that anyone in the community can contribute to in some fashion.
   It's a huge win-win for sponsoring organizations, contributors and
   enthusiasts to associate themselves with this achievement! Please let us
   know if you'd like to coordinate a blog post (you totally should!).
   - *Welcoming newcomers* - following the announcement, we expect a wave
   of attention and interest, and it's an opportunity to be as inclusive and
   welcoming as we can be as a community

Clearly there's a lot more to say here and there's a need for coordination
to take place over the month or so. This thread is intended to kick this
off, so please reply and find ways to get yourself and others involved.

Let's rally!

Max