Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by emaayan <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 15:50:04 UTC

skipping the authentication step becouse of spnego and sso?

hi..

i was looking into integrating shiro authentication  with sso using the
spnego http://spnego.sourceforge.net/ and i think i've reached a
conclusion... that's it's really not needed, eventually it boils down to
splapping an httpfilter on the server, which does the authentication for
you.

i'm not exactly sure it works, but i see in getRemoteUser api of httpRequest
that my user name shows up if the filter is enabled.

so my question is there a way to skip entirely the authentication process
and do autorization alone?

Re: skipping the authentication step becouse of spnego and sso?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the issue - please feel free to join the dev list if you'd
like to help us work through or discuss the issue.

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood
CTO, Katasoft | http://www.katasoft.com | 888.391.5282

Re: skipping the authentication step becouse of spnego and sso?

Posted by emaayan <el...@gmail.com>.
done
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-311

although it's a little different then actuall configuration... maybe need
additional thinking