Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Quốc Nguyễn <nh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 08:06:50 UTC

Sorl Help!

Dear sir,

To Apache Solr support!
wish you have a good day!

I'm new in Solr, please help me to confirm bellow information :

    1. "The URL must use the standard ports for HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443).
The port is implied by the scheme, but may also be mentioned in the URL as
long as the port is standard for the scheme (https://...:443/). An app
cannot connect to an arbitrary port of a remote host, nor can it use a
non-standard port for a scheme." This is an annoyance for those running
Solr on non-80/443. To some, this may be a fatal limitation.
    2. You can not write index on disk, but you can read files. So
theoretically if the index is read-only and small, you can package it with
the war file.
    3. If you need to update the index, you will have to store the index
with Google's data store, just like store an index into databases. Sure
it'll work. But performance would suffer because of transferring the whole
index into memory, then really start searching. On the other hand, this
could be a good solution for small index with per-user data.
    4. For large changing indexes, you need to find other solutions to
maintain lucene index.
    5. GAE does not support SOLR implementation : solr requires access to
the server file system, which GAE forbids.

this is the restriction of Solr when integrate with GAE. I found this in
the internet . is it right? and any restriction more?

Best Regards
Richard Nguyen
GMO Runsystem