Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by linh pham <li...@forte.com> on 2000/03/08 00:38:47 UTC

how to snoop for tomcat build version?

Hi,

Can someone tell me how can I extend the Snoop JSP to get additional information
about the TomcatServletEngine, specifically the build version & perhaps date of build.
We are running multiple versions of tomcat, &  I want to verify the right version
is called .

i've added code (from the snoop servlet) and my own (see below) to the snoop JSP
to get addtional information on the JSP engine,
but were not satisfied with the information returned.
<%
   javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory jspFactory = javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();
   javax.servlet.jsp.JspEngineInfo jspEngine = jspFactory.getEngineInfo();
   String version = jspEngine.getSpecificationVersion();
   out.println("The JSPEngine version = " + version);
%>

thanx,

linh ...