Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/03/03 22:19:57 UTC

Popup Windows Problems?

Hello,

All has been going well in my Struts app, then I ran into an issue dealing with a popup window.

I am popping up a little window 500 x 300 and showing a upload File box. But when I submit the form, I get all kinds of BEAN errors in the log file?

I do not see what is different between popup window and a normal main window?

Is there a problem when working in popup windows? Anyone ever experience this?

Thanks,

Scott K Purcell | Developer | VERTIS |
555 Washington Ave. 4th Floor | St. Louis, MO 63101 |
314.588.0720 Ext:1320 | spurcell@vertisinc.com | http://www.vertisinc.com <http://www.vertisinc.com/>

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

Re: Popup Windows Problems?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Scott Purcell" <sp...@vertisinc.com>
> I am popping up a little window 500 x 300 and showing a upload File box.
> But when I submit the form, I get all kinds of BEAN errors in the log
file?

> I do not see what is different between popup window and a normal main
window?

It's a separate request.  Without knowing anything else, I would guess that
you're putting things in request scope, then when you open a new window, the
things you expect to be there, aren't.

Try putting the "missing" bean into session scope, and see if the problem
goes away.

If not, then you'll need to post some of your code and log messages.

--
Wendy Smoak