Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com> on 2004/09/30 00:30:53 UTC

bogus "sa-learn --dump magic" report

Anyone have an idea why I would be getting the following output when I run
"sa-learn --dump magic":
==========
error: rule 'RCVD_IN_DNSRBL-DUN' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
Underscore)
error: rule 'RCVD_IN_DNSRBL-SPAM' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
Underscore)
error: rule 'RCVD_IN_DSBL-MULTI' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
Underscore)
error: rule 'RCVD_IN_SECURITY-SAGE' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric
+ Underscore)
error: rule 'DNS_FROM_RFCI-ABUSE' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
Underscore)
error: rule 'DNS_FROM_MAILPOLICE-BULK' has invalid characters (not
Alphanumeric + Underscore)
error: rule 'DNS_FROM_MAILPOLICE-PORN' has invalid characters (not
Alphanumeric + Underscore)
error: rule 'DNS_FROM_RFCI-POSTMASTER' has invalid characters (not
Alphanumeric + Underscore)
error: rule 'DNS_FROM_RFCI-PIGS' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
Underscore)
==========

These entries were all updated (converted all "-" to "_") when I upgraded to
SA 3.0, and "spamassassin --lint" reports no problems.  Is there a way to
fix this, or should I log it as a bug on bugzilla?

Bill

Re: bogus "sa-learn --dump magic" report

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 is by accident. That's where we come in. We're computer professionals. We

Re: bogus "sa-learn --dump magic" report

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 03:30:53PM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
> > Anyone have an idea why I would be getting the following output when I
> run
> > "sa-learn --dump magic":
> > error: rule 'DNS_FROM_RFCI-PIGS' has invalid characters (not
> Alphanumeric +
> > Underscore)
> >
> > These entries were all updated (converted all "-" to "_") when I
> upgraded to
> > SA 3.0, and "spamassassin --lint" reports no problems.  Is there a way
> > fix this, or should I log it as a bug on bugzilla?
>
> Apparently they weren't updated everywhere since the names included in
> your
> output had dashes "-".
>
> If you really can't find the version with the dashes everywhere, I'd
> open a
> ticket and include the rule configuration.  However, I wouldn't be
> surprised
> if this were not reproducable since it's almost guaranteed to be a
> configuration issue.

Hmmm, where else could this configuration issue be, Theo, since none of my
CF files contain a "-" in the test definitions?  Grep results:

[root@gw1 billl]# grep "RCVD_IN_DNSRBL-DUN" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "RCVD_IN_DNSRBL-SPAM" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "RCVD_IN_DSBL-MULTI" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "RCVD_IN_SECURITY-SAGE" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "DNS_FROM_RFCI-ABUSE" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "DNS_FROM_MAILPOLICE-BULK"
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "DNS_FROM_MAILPOLICE-PORN"
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "DNS_FROM_RFCI-POSTMASTER"
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
[root@gw1 billl]# grep "DNS_FROM_RFCI-PIGS" /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 03:30:53PM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
> Anyone have an idea why I would be getting the following output when I run
> "sa-learn --dump magic":
> error: rule 'DNS_FROM_RFCI-PIGS' has invalid characters (not Alphanumeric +
> Underscore)
>
> These entries were all updated (converted all "-" to "_") when I upgraded to
> SA 3.0, and "spamassassin --lint" reports no problems.  Is there a way to
> fix this, or should I log it as a bug on bugzilla?

Apparently they weren't updated everywhere since the names included in your
output had dashes "-".

If you really can't find the version with the dashes everywhere, I'd open a
ticket and include the rule configuration.  However, I wouldn't be surprised
if this were not reproducable since it's almost guaranteed to be a
configuration issue.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Acting is the art of keeping the audience from coughing.