Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Quinn, Colin (END-CHI)" <co...@endinfosys.com> on 2005/11/01 21:14:30 UTC

XPathEvaluator::initialize() failing.

I am using xerces 2.6 with xalan 1.9 on Solaris

I wrote some code to extract a node using an xpath.
It worked exactly once.

Now my executible is seg faulting on startup. Here is the GDB from the core
file:
Program terminated with signal 9, Killed.
#0  0xf95b12bc in _ZN10xalanc_1_914XPathEvaluator9terminateEv ()
   from /m1/sysdev/cquinn/se4.0/public/lib.so/libxalan-c.so
#1  0x313f8 in _ZN16RepositoryConfigD0Ev ()
#2  0x2a50c in
_Z7vServeriPPcP18EisiApplicationTblP11ServerParmsP12ServerConfig ()
#3  0x481cc in main ()

While the stack names are a bit mangled, RepositoryConfig has a setup method
that calls:
XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
XalanTransformer::initialize();
XPathEvaluator::initialize();

I'm thinking that something in the way I coded the XPathEvaluator left
things in an unclean state after that first attempt
and now the Initialize is failing.

If this is the case, what do I need to clean up?

Thanks for any help,Colin

Re: XPathEvaluator::initialize() failing.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Quinn, Colin (END-CHI) wrote:
> I am using xerces 2.6 with xalan 1.9 on Solaris
>
> I wrote some code to extract a node using an xpath.
> It worked exactly once.
>
> Now my executible is seg faulting on startup. Here is the GDB from the
> core file:
> Program terminated with signal 9, Killed.
> #0  0xf95b12bc in _ZN10xalanc_1_914XPathEvaluator9terminateEv ()
>    from /m1/sysdev/cquinn/se4.0/public/lib.so/libxalan-c.so
> #1  0x313f8 in _ZN16RepositoryConfigD0Ev ()
> #2  0x2a50c in
> _Z7vServeriPPcP18EisiApplicationTblP11ServerParmsP12ServerConfig ()
> #3  0x481cc in main ()
>
> While the stack names are a bit mangled, RepositoryConfig has a setup
> method that calls:
> XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize();
> XalanTransformer::initialize();
> XPathEvaluator::initialize();
>
> I'm thinking that something in the way I coded the XPathEvaluator left
> things in an unclean state after that first attempt
> and now the Initialize is failing.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  If you mean you are calling the
initialize and terminate functions multiple times in the same process,
then you shouldn't do that.  However, if you mean you ran your
executable once and it worked, then you ran it a second time and it did
not, then that sounds very strange.

Dave