Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2000/12/20 17:35:24 UTC

[Final Call] The Win32 Build

Ok,

  I'm already fixing these issues now:

. Fix makefile.win xcopy commands from /[s]dy to [/s ]/d /q
. cvs rm all references to mod_dll from the tree (except the li'l note in mod_so)
. move all references from os/win32/winx9conhook back to os/win32 (my fingers
  hurt from typing that path... and after consideration the subdir was pointless)

  at noon CST I will apply the following changes, based on the last 24 hours
of discussion, to 1.3.15 and to 2.0:

. Compile all Apache modules with a module name of mod_foo.so
. Correct docs to reflect mod_foo.so rather than ApacheModuleFoo.dll
. Document caviat that some 3rd party modules may look like ApacheModuleFoo.dll
. Pull all the ApacheModuleFoo.dsp projects and replace with mod_foo.dsp files
. Commit the tested and revised makefile.win
  Also, by 2pm CST I will apply the -k config[ure] and -k status patch to both
1.3.15 and 2.0 - after everything else is working.  As I do that, I'll look at
why Apache/Win32 no longer says "Apache 2.0b1-dev/Win32 running..."  I'll then
post up the trial Win32 1.3.15 binary, get to work on the 2.0b1 binary install
somewhere to the side.

  We have gstein with a strong desire for something specific like .apmod for
Apache modules, and several others with a strong desire to follow the docs and
use .so for the modules.  If anyone else wants to pipe up on this, please do!
The patch goes in with .so unless we get agreement on something other ext.

Bill