Posted to user@spark.apache.org by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/25 17:54:03 UTC

Spark 1.6.0 running jobs in yarn shows negative no of tasks in executor

Hi I have spark job which I run on yarn and sometimes it behaves in weird
manner it shows negative no of tasks in few executors and I keep on loosing
executors I also see no of executors are more than I requested. My job is
highly tuned not getting OOM or any problem. It is just YARN behaves in a
way sometimes so that executors keep on getting killed because of resource
crunching. Please guide how do I control YARN from behaving bad.

Re: Spark 1.6.0 running jobs in yarn shows negative no of tasks in executor

Posted by Umesh Kacha <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi I am using Hadoop 2.4.0 it is not frequent sometimes it happens I dont
think my spark logic has any problem if logic would have been wrong it
would be failing everyday. I see mostly YARN killed executors so I see
executor lost in my driver logs.

Posted by Yin Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.