Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Reis, Tom" <re...@cdnet.cod.edu> on 2002/07/31 00:00:31 UTC

Tomcat 4.04 and JDBC

	Are there any special parameters for using TomCat 4.04 with JDBC
drivers. I got the same jdbc_driver and jdbc_url to work with a java program
but not with a TomCat servlet and I am wondering if there are any special
parameters. Thanks.

Re: Tomcat 4.04 and JDBC

Posted by Michael Locasto <lo...@cs.columbia.edu>.
Hi Tom,

You need to be a tad more specific about the nature of your problem (error
codes, exception messages, stacktraces, log entries) so folks can have a
decent shot at replying with something resembling a valid answer ;)

My best guess is that your JDBC Driver is probably not being seen by
Tomcat, whereas your Java program was using the CLASSPATH to look for
classes to load and was able to find them. If your driver is someplace
that is normally in the CLASSPATH, it probably isn't in the CLASSPATH that
Tomcat contstructs when it runs.

Make sure the driver can be seen by your web-app's ClassLoader (eg, in
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/yourapp/WEB-INF/lib) or put it somewhere more general,
like TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib (not sure if the latter is correct behavior
for 4.0.4, in 3.3.1 you place stuff like that in lib/apps )

Regards,
Michael

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>