Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by oleg_gnatovskiy <ol...@citysearch.com> on 2008/04/24 23:57:25 UTC

MultiThreaded Document Loader?

Hello. I was wondering if Solr has some kind of a multi-threaded document
loader? I've been using post.sh (curl) to post documents to my Solr server,
and it's pretty slow. I know it should be pretty easy to write one up, but I
was just wondering if one already existed.

Re: MultiThreaded Document Loader?

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 24-Apr-08, at 2:57 PM, oleg_gnatovskiy wrote:

> Hello. I was wondering if Solr has some kind of a multi-threaded
> document
> loader? I've been using post.sh (curl) to post documents to my Solr
> server,
> and it's pretty slow. I know it should be pretty easy to write one
> up, but I
> was just wondering if one already existed.

Yeah, I won't rely on post.sh for performance.  However, you can do
"multithreaded" indexing by launching several instances of it, if you
really wanted to:

$ post.sh [a-gA-G]*.xml &
$ post.sh [h-pH-P]*.xml &
$ post.sh [q-zQ-Z]*.xml &