Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stefan Krompass <my...@web.de> on 2003/04/04 11:01:32 UTC

Automate login via Cookies

Hi!

How can I build an automate login via Cookies?
Currently, the user has to login by entering his/her username and password. Furthermore I plan an option (checkbox) where the user allows cookies for automate login to be stored (like eBay).
But the problem is: what do I store in this cookie (my plan: store a user-ID) and how is this cookie used for login (check if the user-ID in this cookie belongs to a valid user).
And another problem is: how can I delete a cookie when the user has decided that automate login is no more wanted.
Thanks for any help!

Stefan