Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Guus Ellenkamp <gu...@activediscovery.net> on 2009/02/20 15:31:10 UTC

[users@httpd] How to monitor

I just installed a new server that's going to serve a new website with
Apache. Until now I've just been using shared servers that are being
monitored by the hosting providers. Can anyone advise a tool that gives me
alerts when certain limits are exceeded like disk space, cpu, maximum
connections, etc.

Re: [users@httpd] How to monitor

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Guus Ellenkamp wrote:
> I just installed a new server that's going to serve a new website with
> Apache. Until now I've just been using shared servers that are being
> monitored by the hosting providers. Can anyone advise a tool that gives me
> alerts when certain limits are exceeded like disk space, cpu, maximum
> connections, etc.

Look up Nagios.

Re: [users@httpd] How to monitor

Posted by Dave Floyd <da...@pa.press.net>.
>I just installed a new server that's going to serve a new website with
>Apache. Until now I've just been using shared servers that are being
>monitored by the hosting providers. Can anyone advise a tool that gives me
>alerts when certain limits are exceeded like disk space, cpu, maximum
>connections, etc.

Look at: http://www.nagios.org

This email is from the Press Association.  For more information, see www.pressassociation.com.
This email may contain confidential information.
Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this email or any attachments.
If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately.
Any opinion expressed in this email is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of the Press Association.
Any email reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.