Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2001/10/01 11:03:45 UTC

RE: Ideas for future versions of Tomcat (a bit controversial mayb e)?

Good stuff Chris.

I forwarded to tomcat-dev, where evolutions of Tomcat
are discussed...

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : hgomez@slib.fr        (. .)

followsoftlinks

Posted by Bob Kersten <bo...@fellownet.org>.
Hi,

I've installed Tomcat on FreeBSD using Apache to serve the static HTML
files and it seems to work all fine. I've replaced the directory ROOT in
the /webapps/ directory with a softlink to the Apache's root dir and that
also seems to work. I have to create a contect for each directory in this
root directory in order for the WEB-INF directory to be recognized by
Tomcat and added to the tomcat-apache.conf. Isn't there a directive such
as "followsymlinks" in apache so that Tomcat searches the entire path in
the rootdir for directorys and WEB-INF stuff?

Thnx in advance,
 Bob.

Re: Ideas for future versions of Tomcat (a bit controversial maybe)?

Posted by chris brown <de...@reflexe.fr>.
Thanks.

I'm aware of the tomcat-dev list, but posted it into the user list as such a
change would have a big impact on users.  Should get a wider range of
comments and ideas this way...

-Chris