Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Allen Lee <Al...@asu.edu> on 2009/03/20 03:13:30 UTC

invoking methods with parameters within a FreeMarker template

I can't seem to figure out how to invoke a method with a single
parameter (declared in my action class) within a freemarker page in
Struts 2.  Is this possible?  The issue I'm facing is that I need to
iterate through a collection of elements and then dynamically generate
some data based on each element.  I've played around with pre-loading
all the data into a Map that then gets made available to the page but
I'm having difficulty even accessing the map properly (I'd like to
#assign it because I need to test whether or not there is even data to
display before I emit the HTML that displays the data).

Any input would be much appreciated - thanks in advance,
Allen