Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl> on 2006/02/13 20:59:48 UTC

RE: Images randomly disappear - cocoon-ehcache-1Cache: Could not read disk store element for key PK_R-resource

I don't know where your error comes from...but want to advice you not to use ehcache for images...Do you serve pages directly from cocoon or with mod_cache or squid between? Let them do the image caching. Furthermore, set an expires in your image/css/js readers in cocoon which give them an expires header.  That makes caching them unneccesary

AS

Hi,

I'm having trouble with images in a Cocoon web site. Images randomly appear and disappear in my web browser when I refresh pages (browser cache has been removed). Furthermore, if I copy/paste the url of a missing image in a web browser, the image is adequately displayed.

I keep having the following message in my Apache stdout.log :

9271607 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore  - cocoon-ehcache-1Cache: Could not read disk store element for key PK_R-resource-file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.29/webapps/cocoon/docs/images/label-background_a.gif

net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: cocoon-ehcache-1 Cache: The Disk store is not active.

            at net.sf.ehcache.store.DiskStore.checkActive(DiskStore.java:207)

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Current set up:

Apache Tomcat/5.0.29

Cocoon : 2.1.6

Cheers