Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2015/09/05 22:14:02 UTC

Karaf 4.0.1: eclipselink and CXF

When installing the new eclipselink feature (version 2.6.0) together with CXF
3.1.2, there seems to be a conflict with two versions of the
transaction-api: eclipselink brings version 1.2.0 with
javax.transaction-api, CXF brings 1.1.0 with geronimo-jta_1.1_spec. When
both are installed, Aries Transaction Blueprint doesn't get the
javax.transaction.TransactionManager objectClass, and therefore doesn't
provide the transaction namespace.

When I remove geronimo-jta_1.1_spec from the cxf-transports-jms of CXF,
Aries Transaction Blueprint works. I haven't checked whether CXF functions
are still available, but at least all bundles are activated. And a
persistence unit at least reaches the failure point described  here
<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Bundle-is-waiting-for-namespace-handlers-http-aries-apache-org-xmlns-jpa-v1-0-0-td4042275.html>
(by the way: I would also be interested in a solution for that one).

My question: is there a better way to reach this? Or would this a Jira for
CXF to update the cxf-transports-jms feature to use the newer transaction
API?

Best Regards,

Jochen

Re: Karaf 4.0.1: eclipselink and CXF

Posted by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com>.
CXF-6595 (hope it was correct to file the issue for CXF, not for Karaf).

Thanks!

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I think the crucial thing is to have dependency = true in the jta bundle
desc of the cxf feature.
Karaf will then make sure to only install the jta if no other version of
it is already installed.

Can you open a jira for this. I will take care of the change in cxf then.

Christian