Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by travis stevens <Tr...@noaa.gov> on 2002/12/31 22:38:52 UTC

[SOURCE] Issue #TRQS104 - Use of null object

You can view the issue detail at the following URL:
<http://scarab.werken.com/scarab/issues/id/TRQS104>

Type :        Defect
Issue Id :    TRQS104
Reported by: travis stevens
             Travis.Stevens@noaa.gov - (Travis.Stevens@noaa.gov)

Details:

org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Database.java

Looking at the source code, lines around line  444 from the 3.0 release looks
like this:

if (local == null)
{
   System.out.println("ERROR!! Attempt to define foreign"
   + " key with nonexistent column, "
   + local.getName() + ", in table, "
   + currTable.getName() + "!");
}

The if statement is local == null.  In The System.out command, we try to use a
method using the local object, which of course is null.

(Note, I also entered this into bugzilla which I soon found out was the wrong place to submit it to.)