Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Sailesh Abburu <Sa...@sintef.no> on 2020/10/16 13:00:48 UTC

Integrating Python & Matlab tools/programs in StreamPipes

Hi Dominik & Phillipp,

This is Sailesh Abburu and I work for SINTEF (in Norway). On 10th Sept you had given the CogniTwin project consortium a presentation on StreamPipes - its potential applications and versatility.
Many of us involved in the project are interested to know if we can integrate Python and Matlab tools/programs in the StreamPipes in the current version [0.66.0]. If not, is this going to be possible
in the next release of StreamPipes?.

Thank you and best regards,
Sailesh Abburu
Research scientist
SINTEF Tel-Tek, SINTEF Industry
Mobile: 0047 455 37 433
www.sintef.no<http://www.sintef.no/>

Re: Integrating Python & Matlab tools/programs in StreamPipes

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Sailesh,

first of all, welcome to the list!
The Python wrapper is currently under development - we hope that an initial version will be available in the 0.68.0 release (roughly by the end of the year I'd guess, 0.67.0 is currently under vote).

We currently have an initial version which still requires Java for describing pipeline elements, while the runtime logic can already be written in Python. You can find more details here [1] and an example at [2].

Hope this answers your question..if there are any specific things you are going to need in the Python wrapper, just let us know!

Dominik

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/tree/dev/streampipes-wrapper-python
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-examples/tree/dev/streampipes-pipeline-elements-examples-processors-jvm/src/main/java/org/apache/streampipes/pe/examples/jvm/python