Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/15 17:14:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 3.0.2 Released

Tapestry 3.0.2 is now available. This is a maintenance release, fixing
a few problems that could not wait for Tapestry 3.1. This is expected
to be the final release of Tapestry 3.0.

Tapestry is a comprehensive, component-based web application
framework, written in Java, and available under the Apache Software
License. It features minimal Java coding, a high degree of reuse, and
overall attention to developer productivity - especially on large
development teams.

Localized validation messages for simplified chinese and swedish have
been added. The build scripts have been updated to reflect the latest
versions of JDom, OGNL and Jetty. Setting persistent page properties
to null no longer causes exceptions. The JanitorThread will now
terminate when interrupted, which should allow for re-deployment
inside Tomcat. Lastly, a number of documentation bugs have been fixed.

Downloads:
BINARY: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
SOURCE: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 3.0.2 Released

Posted by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com>.
Just a quick heads up on this. The source download for 3.0.2 appears
to be missing files (no properties files for the build.xml, etc). Just
downloaded it (both zip and tar.gz files) and both only have very few
files in them.

-Nick

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tapestry 3.0.2 Released

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry 3.1 is still very alpha; I've been struggling to keep the
documentation up-to date as I work on the code and tests, but we
haven't even released the first alpha!

Certainly, Tapestry 3.1 will be stable within a  couple of months, and
will probably be in a beta form by the summer.

I would largely say to stick with 3.0.2 for the moment. We're hoping
that the upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.1 will not be too horrible.

This sounds like a shill, but the best thing you could do would be to
contact myself (or one of the other Tapestry consultants) to discuss
your project and training of your team. With more details about your
project and timeline, we could answer your questions better.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Posted by Massimo <ml...@gmail.com>.