Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2021/12/04 07:26:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Remove new method in AuthorizationProvider Interface

Hello,

I recently came across PR 12600 [0]. It was merged in November and
cherry picked to branch-2.8 and branch-2.9. It fixes a bug and adds a
public method to the AuthorizationProvider interface. I am pretty sure
the method is an unnecessary expansion of the interface and it could
lead to a breaking change in 2.8 or 2.9, so I think we should remove
it before including it in any releases. I opened a PR to remove the
method [1]. I describe the risk in more detail there. Please take a
look.

[0] - https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/12600
[1] - https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/13133

Thanks,