Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org> on 2018/02/16 04:33:11 UTC

Contributing parquet-rs to Apache?

Hi,

Just joined this mailing list. Ivan and me have been working on a Rust
implementation of Parquet <https://github.com/sunchao/parquet-rs> for some
time. It still lacks many features but the eventual goal is to contribute
it to the Apache community.

I saw a few weeks ago there's a discussion between Ivan and Wes about this
topic, and wonder what is the required steps to realize this. Is it OK if
it is not feature complete yet?

Thanks,
Chao

Re: Contributing parquet-rs to Apache?

Posted by Ivan Sadikov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Yes, same for me. Developed on my own time and laptop.

Cheers,

Ivan

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Sounds good. Would you like to start a vote thread?

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: Contributing parquet-rs to Apache?