Posted to users@maven.apache.org by m k <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/29 16:37:53 UTC

Implementing custom JAR lifecycle

Is there a way to customize the default lifecycle for the packaging type of
"jar"?  I want to build a project using the maven defined jar lifecycle
except that instead of running surefire:test it would run a custom goal I
have written.  I have seen how to do this for a custom packaging type but I
want to leave the packaging type of "jar".  I have also seen how to append
running the goal to the phase of the lifecycle.  I have tried defining my
own custom lifecycle for the packaging type of jar but it seems to behave
the same way as appending the goal.  The surefire:test goal is ran before my
custom goal is ran.  Are you not able to replace the bound goals in the jar
lifecycle?

Thanks,
Micah