Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bill Bohnenberger <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 20:40:20 UTC

problem uploading a text file

Ok, I'm sure I must be doing something dumb here, but I can't seem to find
it. I'm have a problem uploading a simple text file... when I try to a file
named "test.txt", I get an action error message "File upload error: invalid
data." and all my file variables (see below) are null when the action method
gets called.

Here's my setup:

Config:

    <action name="BulkUpload_*" class="com.rp.db.actions.BulkUpload"
method="{1}">
        <interceptor-ref name="basicStack"/>
        <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload">
            <param name="maximumSize">8192000</param>
            <param
name="allowedTypes">image/jpeg,image/gif,text/plain</param>
        </interceptor-ref>
        <interceptor-ref name="validation"/>
        <interceptor-ref name="workflow"/>

        <result name="input">bulkUpload.jsp</result>
        <result name="done" type="redirect">Menu_init</result>
        <result name="login" type="redirect">Login_init</result>
    </action>

Relevant jsp code:

<s:form action="BulkUpload_doCommand" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <s:file label="Bulk File" name="upload" size="45"/>
    <s:submit name="command" value="Upload File"/>
    <s:submit name="command" value="Cancel"/>
</s:form>

Action excerpts:
    private String uploadContentType;
    private String uploadFileName;
    private File upload;
    public void setUpload(File upload)
    {
        this.upload = upload;
    }
    public void setUploadFileName(String uploadFileName)
    {
        this.uploadFileName = uploadFileName;
    }
    public void setUploadContentType(String uploadContentType)
    {
        this.uploadContentType = uploadContentType;
    }

As I mentioned above, when I use this form to upload a text file named
"test.txt" I get the action error message "File upload error: invalid data."
and all my "upload..." variables are null.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: problem uploading a text file

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
I make it a point to try and remember to click that red box to stop tomcat as soon as I'm done playing with it.  My preferred steps (when I can remember) are: stop tomcat, edit files, click the build button and/or do a mvn package, click the Publish to server button for tomcat, then click the Start server green arrow.  I used to have to right click on the project under tomcat and remove it, then remove tomcat, then re-add them both; it only took a few clicks.  But I haven't had to do that since the latest eclipse came out.

Posted by Tommy Pham <to...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bill Bohnenberger <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Bohnenberger <bi...@gmail.com>.