Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/21 22:26:46 UTC

openDremel parser is now imported

See DRILL-8 and DRILL-9, both resolved now.

Camuel,

Who on your team will be working on DRILL-10?

How can I help them?

Re: openDremel parser is now imported

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Camuel Gilyadov <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What record?

>From http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Setting+Up+a+New+Podling
:

"The source code that comes into the ASF as part of the podling
project must pass through the IP clearance process; details are in the
mentor guide linked above."

Details are in
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#initial-ip-clearance

> The files are all licensed with Apache License. The team also agrees to
> transfer copyright to  Apache Foundation (everything in OpenDremel repo,
> not only parsers) otherwise copyrights actually are kept by individual
> contributors which as understand is also okay.

Thanks Camuel, this is actually very helpful.
However I fear more digital paperwork is needed.

  Bernd

Re: openDremel parser is now imported

Posted by Camuel Gilyadov <ca...@gmail.com>.
What record?

The files are all licensed with Apache License. The team also agrees to
transfer copyright to  Apache Foundation (everything in OpenDremel repo,
not only parsers) otherwise copyrights actually are kept by individual
contributors which as understand is also okay.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
That is great.

Can you see the existing code?

Did my stylistic suggestions make sense?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Camuel Gilyadov <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arunabha,

 No specific OpenDremel knowledge is required. It is just a parser for
BigQuery language, the ANTLR parsers the query into parse-tree and
then immediately converts parse tree into AST, AST then is simply and
in strait-forward manner is converted to POJO graph. That's all what is
needed to know to contribute to the parser.

 You can take Ted commentary and make fixes. Leon on our side will also
help.

I'm travelling so could not be responsive for couple of days.

Camuel.

Posted by Arunabha Ghosh <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,