Posted to user@struts.apache.org by shuruga <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/10 14:54:32 UTC

[S2] JSP load time

Hello

I have a question about the time a JSP takes to load.  I am converting a
struts1+tiles1 application to struts2 (2.0.9) + tiles2 (2.0.4) on weblogic
10 and I have noticed that the first time a jsp using S2+T2 is accessed it
is taking a long time to be displayed, after the initial access the page is
displayed almost instantly.  At first I thought it was recompiling the JSP
but looking at weblogic's jsp cache the class file has not been changed.
The time taken is roughly the same as when the JSP is recompiled.

The page is a view with no form tag but does have a lot of <s:if tags and
some <s:iterate tags in it.

Does anyone know why this would be happening and if there is a way to stop
it from occurring?

Thanks