Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2015/09/28 22:53:07 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

The Apache Struts 2.5 BETA2 test build is now available.

New in BETA1
- XWork source was merged into Struts Core source, it means that there
be no more xwork artifact nor dedicated jar
- OGNL was upgraded to version 3.0.11 and it breaks access to
properties as it follows Java Bean Specification, see WW-4207 and
WW-3909
- Spring dependency for tests and spring plugin was upgraded to
version 4.1.6, see WW-4510.
- Struts2 internal logging api was marked as deprecated and was
replaced with new Log4j2 api as logging layer, see WW-4504.
- Struts2 is now build with JDK7, see WW-4503.
- New plugin to support bean validation is now part of the
distribution, see WW-4505.
- Deprecated plugins are now removed from the distribution and are not
longer supported anymore.
- - Dojo Plugin
- - Codebehind Plugin
- - JSF Plugin
- - Struts1 Plugin

New in BETA2
- New security option was added - Strict Method Invocation (also known
as Strict DMI), see WW-4540
- Add support for latest stable AngularJS in Maven archetype, see WW-4522

Release notes
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.5

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
+1

Cheers,
Paul

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [X] Beta
> [ ] General Availability (GA)

+1 (binding)

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Also the execute in my default "events" package do not work (same mesage)
>
> <package name="events" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
>   <action name="license!*" method="{1}"
>                 class="org.events.ui.struts2.core.License">
>     ..
>   </action>
> </package>

It's the same case here: you are using wildcard mapping instead of
DMI. I will try to find a solution.

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Also the execute in my default "events" package do not work (same mesage)

<package name="events" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
  <action name="license!*" method="{1}"
                class="org.events.ui.struts2.core.License">
    ..
  </action>
</package>

Cheers Greg.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Yes,

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.5//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.5.dtd">

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Cheers Greg

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.5 BETA2

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
+1 (binding)

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[x] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

(disabling SMI on package level still needs discussion ;) )

Regards,
Christoph