Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajesh Biswas <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/24 18:29:13 UTC

How to close DB Connections while shutting down server

Dear Experts,

I am using container managed datasource to manage the database connections.

But while shutting down the server I am getting lot of messages like below:

appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-thread-1] but has failed to
stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak

Would you please suggest any better way so that open connections in Pool
will be gracefully closed while shutting down the application.

Thank you very much

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: How to close DB Connections while shutting down server

Posted by Tatsuya Bessho <t....@gmail.com>.
> Dear Experts,
>
> I am using container managed datasource to manage the database connections.
>
> But while shutting down the server I am getting lot of messages like below:
>
> appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-thread-1] but has failed to
> stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak
>
> Would you please suggest any better way so that open connections in Pool
> will be gracefully closed while shutting down the application.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh

Hi, Rajesh

This message is output for it is left active "pool-1-thread-1" thread
created by web application when web application was stopped.
If stop this thread, this message will not be output.

Re: How to close DB Connections while shutting down server

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 24 February 2015 17:29:13 GMT, Rajesh Biswas <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Dear Experts,
>
>I am using container managed datasource to manage the database
>connections.
>
>But while shutting down the server I am getting lot of messages like
>below:
>
>appears to have started a thread named [pool-1-thread-1] but has failed
>stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak
>
>Would you please suggest any better way so that open connections in
>Pool
>will be gracefully closed while shutting down the application.

Use the closeMethod property.

Mark