Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Luis De Bello <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2021/01/22 23:10:53 UTC

Queues per customer

Hi guys,

I would like to know if you know if there is some performance test about number of queues in a single broker, we are planning to have one queue per customer, maybe (10k queues) with a few messages each lets say 3 messages each.

We want to do this to avoid mixing messages from different customers (security concerns) and also to allow each customer to consumer messages at its own piece, do you have any different suggestion to achieve this?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Luis

Re: Queues per customer

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Luis,

I know a production system where there is a bunch of destination (mostly temporary) without problem (just "large" memory set).

If you use physical destination, I would recommend to set schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge on the broker and gcInactiveDestinations="true" inactiveTimoutBeforeGC on the destination policy, just to "cleanup" the destinations.

Regards
JB