Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nilay Parmar <ni...@cybage.com> on 2013/08/12 12:17:12 UTC

Jackrabbit index backup and restore strategy

Hi All,

We have a standalone jackrabbit configured with java1.7(64-bit) on windows OS.
We have a 700GB of datastore at production and it increases with 2000 documents daily.

Now, we are planning to have a recovery strategy from any unexpected index corruption(failure).
For that we can take backup of the indexes on regular basis(weekly).
When there is any problem and we restore the latest backup(may be 2 days old), does it create indexes of those DELTA documents(added after latest backup)? Or re-index from scratch is the only option?
What should be the restore strategy?

If this is not the correct way to recover from loss then please suggest any other solution.

Thanks and regards,
Nilay Parmar

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com