Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Guido Irrelevant <gu...@gmx.de> on 2013/01/22 17:56:34 UTC

Connecting Syncope to CAS

Hi all,

I'm currently evaluating Syncope as a solution for centralized IdM of external customers. For access management / SSO we are considering JASIG CAS.

Is there a best practice to connect CAS to Syncope? (e.g. a custom AuthenticationHandler calling the REST services to verify username/password, or having Syncope act as an LDAP server to CAS if possible)?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
  Guido

Re: Connecting Syncope to CAS

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Il 22/01/2013 17:56, Guido Irrelevant ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently evaluating Syncope as a solution for centralized IdM of external customers. For access management / SSO we are considering JASIG CAS.
>
> Is there a best practice to connect CAS to Syncope? (e.g. a custom AuthenticationHandler calling the REST services to verify username/password, or having Syncope act as an LDAP server to CAS if possible)?
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>    Guido

Hi Guido,
there is not a BB to connect CAS to Apache Syncope. But, this is my
example [1] with Apache Syncope and OpenAM (instead of CAS).
The "guide" isn't complete for the moment (this week I will write next
post), but it could be a good example to start ;)

Massimiliano

[1]
http://blog.tirasa.net/blogs/index.php/massi/apache-syncope-and-active-directory-3

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~massi/

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)