Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rlipi <rl...@centrum.cz> on 2004/02/05 15:14:09 UTC

SSO

Hi,
I found that it is possible to set Single Sign On for all web
aplications running in some "Host".

I do that according to this topic:
http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/tomcat/tomcat-4.0b5/src/catalina/docs/si
nglesignon.html#Security. And it also works on Tomcat 5.

I welcome this feature. Nevertheless, by this way, it authenticates user
to the ALL web applications. But I have a few of them where I need
special authentication (for example manager or admin web application).

Is it possible to configure Tomcat server:
1) to use SSO authentication for nearly all web aplication
2) to use specific authentication (Realm) for a few particular web
aplications?

Thank You,
Radek.

Re: SSO

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

rlipi wrote:

>Hi,
>I found that it is possible to set Single Sign On for all web
>aplications running in some "Host".
>
>I do that according to this topic:
>http://www.ingrid.org/jajakarta/tomcat/tomcat-4.0b5/src/catalina/docs/si
>nglesignon.html#Security. And it also works on Tomcat 5.
>
>I welcome this feature. Nevertheless, by this way, it authenticates user
>to the ALL web applications. But I have a few of them where I need
>special authentication (for example manager or admin web application).
>
>Is it possible to configure Tomcat server:
>1) to use SSO authentication for nearly all web aplication
>2) to use specific authentication (Realm) for a few particular web
>aplications?

Not with the current version since we don't support the notion of
group/realm. But a patch will be welcome. I don't have any free time
right now, but that will be nice to implement such feature in Tomcat 5.

-- Jeanfrancois