Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Vijay Pande <vi...@persistent.co.in> on 2009/07/16 16:39:26 UTC

How to build Read/Write Enterprise repository for Ivy

Hello,

We are using Ivy as our dependency resolver and would like to build our intranet enterprise Read/Write repository. We provided the user credentials and host details in 'settings' tag in our build file at the time of loading the ivy-settings. However it seems it is able to authenticate the user but not able to authorize it. We would like to form our local enterprise repository from the maven2 repository and other available repositories. I have attached my build.xml and ivy-settings.xml for your reference. Kindly help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Pande
Vijay Pande | Software Engineer | Persistent Systems
vijay_pande@persistent.co.in<ma...@persistent.co.in>  | Cell: +91 99234 06280 | Tel: +91 (20) 3023 4136
Innovation in software product design, development and delivery- www.persistentsys.com<http://www.persistentsys.com/>

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: How to build Read/Write Enterprise repository for Ivy

Posted by Geoff Clitheroe <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay,

You could try adding the credential tag to your ivy settings before
your resolvers

<credentials host="" realm="" username="" passwd=""/>
<resolvers>

We have just been through the process of setting up an enterprise
repo.  I found that not all Ivy features are available for an
m2compatible repo.  The thing I really wanted but couldn't get to work
from M2 was build number.  For our internal publishing repo it is
straight Ivy so that build numbers work and I also publish to an M2
repo so it looks the same as our mirror of the central maven repos for
users.

If I was about to start this again I would look seriously at Nexus for
running the enterprise mirror - it has some really nice features such
as being able to index your repo so you can search by class name from
within an ide.  I have seen a few questions posted here about Nexus so
maybe some Ivy users with actual experience would like to comment?
I'd like to here as well - I'm still thinking about running Nexus.

http://nexus.sonatype.org/

Cheers,
Geoff